Welcome to KCC’s privacy information. We hope this will answer any questions you have about the data you share with us, how we store and use it and how we communicate with you.
Please talk to us about anything to do with privacy and communication preferences by emailing: Privacy@kccsouthampton.org
Kings Community Church Full Privacy Statement
At KCC we respect you by looking after your personal information and using it in the ways to which you have agreed. We do not share your information with those outside the church and we do work hard to ensure that even within the church that sensitive information is only accessible to those who need to know for pastoral or operational reasons.
Adults and children have the same data rights, but we do not accept self-consent from under 16’s, and ask parents to give consent (where needed) on their child’s behalf. Those aged 16+ can give their own consent. (If you are a parent or carer and want to ask more about exceptions to this, please contact us).
We use the information we collect about you so that we know who is in the church, to enable us to serve the church family and the wider community, and to allow us to communicate with you.
• Keep lists of people who are associated with the church
• Keep lists of those who serve on most teams at KCC so that we can create rotas and send rota reminders
• Use the information people give us to identify any who may like to be offered support or help, or invite them to events which would be relevant to them (eg Ladies’ or Men’s meetings, parenting courses etc)
• Communicate with people through the weekly newsletter
• Communicate information about events, activities, financial giving, opportunities to serve etc
• Communicate about how we can help new people to become part of the community here, and perhaps move into being a member
We want to offer you choices
Wherever possible we offer to let you choose how much information we have about you, what information is visible to other people in the church, and how we communicate with you. These options appear on forms when we collect information, usually as tick boxes.
The general options are:
• to opt in to get emails about KCC. This will include the weekly emailed newsletter giving a diary of the week to come, more detail about events/activities, opportunities to serve and family news. There are other emails too, including envisioning and encouragement and practical matters such as snow closures.
• to opt in to get rota reminder emails
Our church administration system (ChurchSuite) does not currently offer any more detailed options, but we do also offer for people to email us if they just want the newsletter and no other emails.
We do try to target our emails so that they are relevant to the people we are sending them to.
You can change your Communication Options as you want to or you can ask to be removed from our database completely.
To do this you can do any ONE of these:
• Log in to My ChurchSuite (if you have a login) and change your options there (My Details – privacy tab)
• email Privacy@kccsouthampton.org
• follow this link: www.kccsouthampton.org/privacy/
• Click on any email from KCC sent through ChurchSuite and there will be a link to “Unsubscribe”- this allows you to change options as well as just unsubscribe, and to ask to be removed completely. * See below under Communication Preferences
If you opt out from receiving emails from KCC, note that we still have to:
• Communicate with you as required by law (eg about gift aid if you have signed up, about ongoing consent to hold your information etc)
• Email you to confirm any changes you make to your privacy options on My ChurchSuite
Sometimes we have to keep your data
Please be aware that for some things we have to keep information about people and we do not rely on them giving consent as such.
It would not be safe for us to care for children without their name, age, any medical/allergy needs and contact details for a parent or carer.
(Note that information about under 18’s can only be accessed by their own parent/s and a few people involved in admin who need to do so.)
b) JOINING A TEAM.
We use our database to create and send out rotas and to keep a list of team, so if you want to join a team we will need to have your name on the database. You can still unsubscribe from emails if you want to but let your rota organiser know if you do because otherwise you may not know when you are on duty.
This applies to all giving unless you give cash anonymously. When you give to KCC, we have to record some of your data – eg to process cheques, claim gift aid etc. We keep the minimum data necessary, treat it with the highest level of security, only use it for financial processing and do not share it except where we are legally required to do so.
Who else may have access to your information
ChurchSuite provide our software for the church address book and database.
Pure IT provide our IT support. The terms and conditions for both of these companies states that they will not access personal information unless essential for technical purposes and if they do they will not use it or disclose it.
The only other way in which others can see your information is through the Online Address book…
ONLINE ADDRESS BOOK (hosted by CHURCHSUITE)
We encourage people aged 18 + who are fully involved in KCC to have a login to My ChurchSuite which, amongst other things, allows KCC Members to appear in and access the online Address Book. If you are interested in doing this, please contact: email@example.com
Be assured that your name will not appear in the online Address Book unless you have given consent AND are actively involved in the church.
IMPORTANT if you are given access to the online Address Book, it is vital that you NEVER share any information from it without asking the person’s permission.
The updated KCC Data Protection Policy is still in draft stage but we can assure you that we already fully embrace the principles of data protection. The policy will be viewable on KCC website privacy page when it is approved.
Visual images are an important part of telling others about the church and help us celebrate and enjoy life as a community.
We would like to be able to use photos and videos taken by our Media Team for a wide range of purposes but cannot do that without your consent. Please fill in this online form to give the kind of consent you think is right for you if you are 16+ (and your children if you are a parent of under 16’s)
Link to online form for visual images (EMMA BONE)
* COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
We believe it is much better for people not to opt out of all emails if they want to become part of this church family so if you receive emails from KCC which you do not find helpful or relevant, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org rather than unsubscribing.
PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ONLINE:
If you know someone at KCC who cannot use the internet, then please tell them they can ask at Reception on a Sunday for a paper form, and privacy information on paper.